Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
How can I overcome the pain of cheating...? By Imran Ayoub
Mark
How can I overcome the pain of cheating...?
By Imran Ayoub
from Faisalabad, Pakistan.

The lesson...

Cheating is a total violation of trust and can be one of the most devastating forms of pain a person can experience. The pain of betrayal can often be exacerbated by feelings of vulnerability and exposure to others. For many people, the pain of betrayal is worse than physical violence, deception or prejudice. Cheating destroys the foundation of trust. David was not ignorant of deceit.

Psalm 55 verses 12 to 14... [12] For it was not an enemy that reproached me; Then I could have born it: Neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; Then I would have hid myself from him: [13] But it was thou, a man mine equal, My guide, and mine acquaintance. [14] We took sweet counsel together, And walked unto the house of God in company.

It is clear and true that the deeper the relationship, the deeper the pain of betrayal.

The Lord Jesus also knew firsthand the pain of betrayal. Of all the deceptions in every age, the worst and most treacherous deception was perpetrated against the Lord Jesus by "Judas" for thirty pieces of silver (Matthew 26:15) "My The friend in whom I trusted, and who ate my bread, has kicked me" (Psalm 41:9 "parallel" John 13:18) Jesus was not bitter or angry because of this betrayal, nor was he angry with him. He wanted to take revenge. Rather, his attitude was the opposite. After receiving Judas' kiss of betrayal, the Lord Jesus addressed Judas as "Mr or friend" (Matthew 26:50).

Despite all this pain, there is one way we can overcome cheating. The strength for this comes directly from God and the power of forgiveness.

In Psalm 55, after David laments his broken trust, he points out how to overcome the pain of broken trust. He says, "But I will call to God, and the Lord will save me. Morning and evening and at noon I will cry and groan, and he will hear my voice" (Psalm 55 verses 16 to 17)

Another key to overcoming the pain of betrayal is to remember the example of the Lord Jesus. Our sinful nature compels us to return evil for evil. But. The Lord Jesus taught us the opposite.

Matthew chapter 5 verses 39 and 44. "But I say to you, do not resist the wicked, but whoever slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. But. I say to you, love your enemies and those who persecute you." "Pray for." Regarding the Lord Jesus, Peter states that "He did not revile and abuse, nor did he threaten anyone when he was offended" (1-Peter chapter 2 verse 23). We must follow the example of Jesus Christ in our lives by not returning abuse for abuse, and count any abuse as cheating. Believers should do good even to those who harm them.

Please note that this in no way means that appropriate criminal justice should not be sought in cases of misconduct and business violations etc. However, the pursuit of such justice should not motivate the desire for revenge.

Another powerful key to overcoming the bitterness of betrayal is our God-given ability to forgive the cheater. In the English language, the word "forgive" also includes the meaning of "give". When we choose to forgive someone, we are actually giving that person a gift, the gift of freedom from personal vengeance. And by doing so, we can also give ourselves a gift. That is. The gift of a grudge-free life. It is a life-giving exchange to receive God's love by suppressing our anger, bitterness, and vindictiveness.

The Lord Jesus taught to "love your neighbor as yourself" and that means we need to take the initiative to love.

(Matthew 5:44) "‭‭[44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"

Undoubtedly, it is very difficult to forgive someone who has violated our trust. Forgiveness of such a person can only be possible through God's help. (Luke chapter 18 verse 27)

Those who have experienced God's love understand what it means to receive unconditional love while being undeserved. Only with the help of God's Spirit can we love and pray for those who seek to harm us. (Romans chapter 12 verse 14 to 21

Imran Ayoub
Edited by Mark on 01/20/2024 09:59
|
Posted for the author by:
Mark R. Magill
System Administrator

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.12 seconds
8,889,867 unique visits