Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
HONEY FROM THE ROCK - By Michael Inman
Mark
[i"But you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you."[/i] Psalm 81:16 Scripture Focus: Psalm 81

God says and does things in the Old Testament to point us ahead to greater things He will do in the future. Sometimes He foreshadows a greater judgment, as He did through Sodom and Gomorrah. Sometimes He foretells a greater salvation, as in the blessings He attached to the land of Canaan. In today's psalm, God's greater salvation is in view. We get a vivid picture of it when He describes the provisions of the land by promising honey from a rock.

Typically, we know the sweet pleasure of honey when it comes to us by way of a hive full of hardworking bees. But when God promises to satisfy His people with honey from a rock, He is promising, in addition to the blessings of this life, something more-something miraculous, extravagant, and otherworldly. "God brings sweetness out of what is harsh, forbidding, and wholly uncompromising" (Derek Kidner, 1913-2008). Ultimately, we see this when God brings to us the sweet, extravagant, and otherworldly blessing of eternal life from the death of Jesus, the Rock of our salvation.

Insight: Are God's promises sweet to you? "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him" (Psalm 34:8).

Pastor Michael Inman
Restoration Ministry
|
Posted for the author by:
Mark R. Magill
System Administrator

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.07 seconds
8,897,982 unique visits