Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
"Disciples Serving in Love" September 2, 2018
Mark
The Journey

Thank you for choosing to join us this morning along your journey of life. It is great to have travelling companions as we follow in the steps of Jesus. Look around and notice all the beautiful children of God created to reflect God's image. Take time to rejoice with all the believers who have faith in Jesus. Count it all joy those with whom we call our church family.

Randy Harris writes in his book Life Work, "Sometimes in our theology we have tended to emphasize the destination as if the trip didn't matter. But most of the Bible is not about the destination, it's about the trip. This business of peace is not about so much going to heaven, it's about what we' re doing on our way there because the trip is very, very important." How is your trip going? What are you busy with as you go along each day? What are your thoughts when you first get up and when you lie down? What are you talking about when you sit at home or when you walk along the road? How would you assess your life? Does your daily journey include walking and talking with Jesus? Is your life defined by peace in your home, your marriage, your friendships, your work place?

Jesus says, "Come Follow Me." The disciples left and began a journey with the Lord. They began walking in the way of Jesus towards eternity with Jesus. "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to place where I am going." We have a life to live in Christ and for Christ. We are called to live out the story of the cross and the resurrection. We have a purpose to be generous, self-giving, and hopeful. How we live matters for the sake of our eternity and impact it can bring to others along the way.

If you would like to know more about becoming a follower of Christ, this church is full of experienced followers who would love to walk with you as we live out the sacrifice of the cross and the hope in the resurrection. Thank you for joining us as we journey along with Jesus.

- Bryan Johnston (Bryan@churchofchristnb.com)
|
Posted for the author by:
Mark R. Magill
System Administrator

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.07 seconds
8,868,880 unique visits