Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
Our Fight Song
Mark
Our Fight Song

I love cheering for my favorite sports team. In high school it was our home town Culbertson Cowboys and Cowgirls, in college it was my alma mater the York College Panthers, and currently it is the Oklahoma City Thunder NBA Team. In high school, I loved going to our girls’ basketball tournaments. Our fan base would get pumped up about cheering our team on to victory. One of our favorite cheers would be a call and response cheer. Our side would start by yelling out, “We’ve got spirit, yes, we do! We’ve got spirit, how about you?” The opposing fans would join in by yelling back even louder, “We’ve got spirit, yes, we do! We’ve got spirit, how about you?” We would yell back our reply even louder and the cheer would go back and forth until one side gives up. Usually, because of our exuberant school spirit, we would win the contest and conclude the cheer by shouting, “We’ve got more! We’ve got more! We’ve got more!” We were passionate about our identity with our school team. We were full of praise and promise for our team’s glory and victory. We were filled with power and pride through the unity we shared in our comradery.

Through Christ all heaven and earth have been united into one. This is the reality that gave the apostle Paul the greatest joy and confidence to praise God. Paul’s praise was informed by his identity as a child of God and his unity together with all believers and heavenly beings alike. We are united through the redemption and by the riches of God’s grace through Christ Jesus.
This is our story. This is our fight song. Praising our Savior all the day long. Let us chant victory in Jesus as we are united together in love. Let us be filled with joy as we chant “We’ve got Spirt Yes We Do!” Let our worldview be informed by our identity as a child of God. Let us lift our praise with all the heavenly host, to the glory of God the Father. Let us praise the Lord all day long, because in the Lord “We’ve got more! We’ve got more! We’ve got more!”
--Bryan Johnston
|
Posted for the author by:
Mark R. Magill
System Administrator

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.16 seconds
8,870,539 unique visits