Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
"Wonder" - by Bryan Johnston
Mark
(Written 1/29/17)

As a child I remember being asked time and time again, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” The possibilities and the imagination were as long and wide as the universe. As a child nothing seemed impossible. They would add, “You can become anything you want.” I believed that nothing was beyond reach. But, as I matured, I began to learn that I had limitations. I discovered that I was gifted in certain ways, yet weak in others. I began to doubt that all things were really possible. My humanity limited my hopes and dreams quite a bit. My failures and iniquities stunted my pursuit of life and turned my focus inwardly toward doubt, fear, and selfishness.

When looking inward I would lose the wonder of all possibilities. I could only see life the way the apostle Peter did, when the Lord said, “I must be killed and on the third day be raised to life” (Mt. 16:21). Peter tried to rebuke the Lord because he was only looking at the things of men and not of God. The Lord had so much more. The possibilities of the full life that he provides are endless. The Lord
said that he would die, but that would not be the end. Jesus said that he would rise again. If the Lord can overcome the grave and if he can defeat death, then he can overcome any doubt, fear, and failure. Jesus
provides the possible.

The women that saw the empty tomb went and told the apostles that the death had been defeated. They told about the angels saying, “He is not there; he has risen!” The impossible has become possible. Let us respond like Peter and run toward life. Let us see the impossibilities that come with seeing the empty tomb. Let us agree with Peter that “it was impossible for death to keep its hold on Jesus” (Acts 2:24). And if it is impossible for death to have the final victory what is possible for you and me. Let us wonder in the Lord what he can and will do in our lives and in our world today. What are you wondering about?

Bryan Johnston
|
Posted for the author by:
Mark R. Magill
System Administrator

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.13 seconds
8,891,239 unique visits