Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
Stewardship - by Norm Russell
Mark Magill
To say that our nation is in financial trouble is to state the obvious. Being twenty trillion in debt does not seem to bother most folks because they do not see it as their problem. They see it as the governments problem. However, we are the government. Thus it is our problem.

We may not be able to do much about the national debt, we can do something about our own use of money. That which we have is placed in our care and we are stewards of what God has entrusted to us. I want each of us to take a serious look at ourselves and to honestly consider how we are doing in our stewardship.

This is not a condemnation of anyone, as I am not God and know nothing of your finances or how you use it. But, we can look inward and ask ourselves "how am I doing with what God has given me?" Consider the
following. First, when is enough, enough? We live in a world that promotes accumulating. Did you know that
storage sheds came into being only recently. In the Coos Bay area alone there are about 20 storage companies.

There are probably enough storage sheds for everyone to have one. But, we return to the question. When is
enough, enough? Everyone must come to their own conclusion regarding how much they feel is necessary to
make life simple. The simplest way to answer the question is to ask yourself "Do I need this, or do I just want
it?" Only you can answer that.

Secondly, what are our priorities? What is it that is most important to us? God must come first. This is not optional. When we say God, we are talking about spiritual matters. Unfortunately there have been some
who have allowed themselves to become so burdened with debt, they cannot find room in their budget for God.

(This is a side note: this church is to be commended for their giving. We are at or even a little above what we
have set as our minimum requirements for paying the bills. God bless you for your generosity.) Our giving is
between us and God, and each of us must consider how we are going to fulfill this ministry.

Finally, avoid pursuing wealth. Paul wrote "But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root for all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." I Timothy 6:9-10. I have nothing more to add, except I have witnessed Paul's words lived out and the consequences have been devastating.

May God bless you as you consider how you might improve your stewardship.

Norm Russell

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.20 seconds
8,891,260 unique visits