Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
God Is Working Late - by Iris Williams
Mark Magill
To every mama with a broken heart tonight: you are loved. There is no valley so deep that God's love can not reach you there.

Not to long ago, I spoke with a mom who had just lost her sweet baby boy at 26 weeks. We stood there and cried. There was nothing else to do. Grief comes when it wants to, hitting like waves on the shore. I understand this grief too. Wayward children, a death in the family, betrayal. They all cause grief. These are the kinds of things that we cannot wrap our minds our hearts around. There is simply no "understanding" sometimes, is there? Sometimes, it's all we can do to carry the burden of another to the feet of the cross and leave it there. If you're reading this with tears in your eyes right now—God understands your sorrow, too.

Here are a few of my favorite verses for times when I don't understand:

“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14.27

Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

Rest. Give it to the Lord tonight. He's working late.

-Iris Williams, Coos Bay, Oregon USA
-Posted by Mark R. Magill, Website Manager

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.10 seconds
8,897,967 unique visits