Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
Beware! - By Norm Russell
Mark Magill
The Fourth of July
On July 4th of this year, the United States of America celebrated its its 240th birthday. We have come a long way since Plymouth Rock and the Pilgrims. It has been an exciting journey, filled with great accomplishments. Consider the fact that our means of travel has gone from walking to jet airplanes. We have gone from the mountain to the moon. Communication has gone from pony express to the internet. Telephones have become so advanced you can
carry nearly all you need in your shirt pocket or purse. Truly, our nation has become a country that has tapped into the human imagination and who knows where it will be in a few more years of technology.

Unfortunately, the news media has made it their lot in life to show all the negative that exists. They have exposed political corruption, injustices, theft, mayhem and chaos. Negativity seems to sell. It seems as though those who engage in all of this ungodliness, are getting away with it. We could do, as Steve Rose encouraged us one Sunday, "stop watching it!" That is no doubt something that would be helpful if you find yourself being drug down. But, whether you watch it (the news) or not, I want to suggest you do as Paul instructed in I Timothy 2:1-8. He said in verses 1-4 "First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions andthanksgiving be made on behalf of all men. For kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." The apostle also wrote in Romans 13 that we are to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those who exist are established by God. (13:1)

Sometimes it is very difficult to show much support or pray to for the one in the White House. But I do believe what Paul and Peter and the rest of the Christian community experienced under Roman oppression is far worse than what we will see. I do believe that as disciples of Jesus we will eventually find ourselves having to face some difficult choices. I want all of us to turn our attention away from the seat of government and focus on our responsibility that God has called us to. All we can do to change Washington is cast our vote, we can do nothing more. God has to do the changing. I am thankful that there is a God in heaven and He will bring about justice and He will bring changes. But, it ll be in His time. Therefore continue to pray and give honor to whom honor is due. God always determines the outcome.

May God continue to bless you.
Norm Russell
Edited by Mark Magill on 07/16/2016 22:55

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.17 seconds
8,891,887 unique visits