Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
Concern For Church - by Norm Russell
Mark Magill
It seems the apostle to the Gentiles had a great concern for the **churches. In II Corinthians 11 Paul lists the hardships he had faced on behalf the gospel. In verse 28 he states "Apart from such external things there is the daily pressure on me of concern for all the churches." In I Thessalonians 3:5 he writes, "For this reason when I could endure it no longer, I also sent to find out about your faith, for fear that thee tempter might have tempted you, and our labor would be in vain." There is his concern for the Galatians churches because of their willingness to embrace a teaching that would destroy their relationship with God. All of this is a reminder that even in the ancient world, the young churches were vulnerable to the schemes of Satan.

We should not be surprised that in our modern world we are beginning to see things some people and churches are beginning to embrace. This is very easy to do because if we want to follow Scripture, we will find ourselves becoming the target of ridicule and disdain. Society is calling on the churches to come into the 21st century in spite of the fact that what is being called acceptable and right is in conflict with what God has spoken.

Paul had his issues with the culture of his day, having to deal with paganism and other social norms. However, he also had to stand up to those who wanted to make life difficult for young Christians. Many of those who were causing trouble were religious zealots who were bound to the law of Moses. They were attempting to make Christians adhere to practices that were not a part of the Christian faith. People need to be free of those things that have no Biblical support for them. No one is free to make rules where God did not make them.

Although the apostle had those concerns just mentioned, he was most concerned that new disciples would slip away from following Jesus Christ and go back into the world. That should be every persons concern. We are family and when we witness a child of God beginning to slip away, we need to rally the forces and make every attempt to bring them back. God never gives up on His children and neither should we. I know of a few who have made bad choices in regard to their walk with God. But I must ask myself if I have made every attempt to win them back? Satan has made it easy to be a follower of him, and far more seem to be joining his efforts than are becoming God's people. I encourage you, reach out to them, do what you can. It is a life and death matter. Let us show concern not only for the church, but for one another.

Norm Russell
North Bend, OR USA Church of Christ
nbcoc (at) hotmail.com

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.14 seconds
8,891,440 unique visits