Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
Do You Get It?
Mark Magill
"Do You Get It?" - written by Norm Russell

In Mark 8, Jesus is recorded feeding four thousand with seven loaves of bread and a few fish. I suppose some might say this is a rather simple miracle that He performed. However you may feel about Jesus, you have to admit that feeding that many people with such a small amount of resources is rather phenomenal. Don't try it, you will fail.

As He and the disciples were traveling in a boat to Dalmanutha, He told His followers to "Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod." The disciples were confused and began to discuss among themselves that they had no bread. Jesus was aware of their conversation and it appears He got a little upset with them. He became rather critical of their inability to grasp a truth He had placed before them. They finally got it.

As I read the passage I attempted to put myself in the shoes of the disciples and asked myself, if I had been there, would I have understood what He was saying? My answer to that was a no. I would have been as confused as they were and I too would have felt the sting of Jesus' rebuke. This is a common struggle among many who are God's people. In my own life I look back and ask "Why did I not see this before?" It was not because I was ignorant or stupid, but rather, like many, there was to many other things crowding my mind demanding attention. Let's face it, we are so busy attempting to fulfill responsibility that there is little time for God. You couple that with the fact that many Americans feel they have no need for God and you have a society that has had no problem piling one responsibility after another on to an already crowded and over loaded life.

It seems to me that the answer to better understanding what the scriptures teach, begins with a prioritized life. When did you last sit down and made a list of what you are responsible for? Haven't done it? Then do it. I think you will conclude that there is more there than any sane person can handle. Next, draw a line through those items you can eliminate. With what is left, be sure to arrange in level of importance with God at the top. Be sure you give God all the time necessary. Give time to reading, praying, and meditating. If one fails at this, then it matters little about what is left on the list, you have not done the most important thing you could possibly do.

I pray you will continue to grow in your understandings of God and His grace.
-- Norm Russell
-Posted by Mark R. Magill, Website Manager

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.25 seconds
8,890,672 unique visits