Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
Forgiveness - by Norm Russell
Mark Magill
There is no name more held in contempt by military veterans than Jane Fonda. During the Viet Nam war, Fonda made a visit to Hanoi, the capital city of the enemy of those our soldiers were fighting. She was photographed sitting on the seat of an anti-aircraft gun. She was considered a traitor to our country and the men who were fighting and dying in that war. In 2005 in Kansas City Missouri while at a book signing a navy veteran spit chewing tobacco in her face and was arrested. She has made attempts to apologize for her actions, but her apologies are falling on deaf ears.

Sometimes our behavior produce consequences that never seem to end. We look at Fonda's actions and ask "how could she have done that?" But it is important for us to do some internal evaluations. We at one time had turned our back on God and promoted the cause of Satan. Our sins helped spread the message of his kingdom and we were solidly in his camp. Then we hear about God's saving grace and realize our sins, which are many, could never be paid for. We could never repay all the pain and agony we brought to God. All we can do is turn to Him and accept His grace. He forgives us and we spend our life serving an awesome God. The great thing about God is that He will remember our sins no more.

It was the prophet Micah who wrote "who is a God like you, who pardons iniquity and passes over the rebellious acts of the remnant of His possession? He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in unchanging love. He will again have compassion on us; He will tread our iniquities under foot. Yes, you will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea." Micah 7:18, 19.

I am thankful that God forgives completely. When I come before Him, I know that He will not bring up my actions that were not only contrary to His will, but caused Him severe pain. I will not forget them, because I do not have the capacity to do so. But God has forgiven me and I will forever attempt to make Him proud. Have you been forgiven? Are you still holding grudges against someone? Are you needing to forgive? God said if we refuse to forgive others, we will not have His forgiveness. I pray you will search your heart and forgive as you have been forgiven.

Norm Russell
-Posted by Mark R. Magill, Website Manager

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.23 seconds
8,890,453 unique visits