Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
On Auto-Pilot
Mark Magill
"On Auto-Pilot" - By Norm Russell

I watched a video of a Tesla automobile. This car is all electric and is priced over $100,000.00. The new Tesla S series is so advanced, you can virtually sit back and let the car drive itself. John Stossel, known for his libertarian views, test drove a Tesla S and found that it was somewhat frightening. You actually set the car on auto pilot and it will drive itself down the highway while you sit and watch. It can change lanes, maintain speed, and can even park itself while you do absolutely nothing.

There was one catch to all of this and that is, you have to give up control of the car. Once you even touch the steering wheel, the auto pilot turns off and you are back in control. If you are not aware of that, you can easily find yourself in a deadly situation.

How many men do you know (and some women) who wish to give up control of driving their car? Let the wife do the driving and the husband is sitting on pins and needles hoping she will let him back in control.

Being in control means a lot to us. We never want to relinquish it no matter what the circumstance. I have known of some individuals who refuse to be put to sleep in order to undergo surgery because they really do feel if they are awake during the procedure they still have some semblance of control. (Don't ask, I have no idea how a person can be undergoing surgery and still feel they are in control.)

This all brings me to this point - who is in control of your life? There are a great number of people who will, without hesitation say "I am." And there in lies the problem with so many who really want to live for God, but refuse to allow Him to have any control over any part of their life. People pray for guidance but have no intention of letting God guide them in anything. They make residence decisions, occupational decisions and relationship decisions without seeking God's will for their life. My point is however who is guiding you and by what principles are you making various decisions for you life?

I do not see a Tesla in my future, but I do want to see God becoming more involved in my daily routine so that when I am faced with a real crisis I can turn to God and know all is well because He is in control How about you?

Norm Russell
-Posted by Mark R. Magill, Website Manager

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.21 seconds
8,890,879 unique visits