Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
Why Right Loses - By Norm Russell
Mark Magill
Do you ever tire of wrong always winning and right being on the losing side? We see corruption and that corruption being protected by those who should be exposing it. We have witnessed this sort of thing and we wondered why is it this way? When we read the scriptures we find some of this taking place in the ancient world. Naboth's vineyard was taken by a corrupt king. Naboth himself was wrongly accused and Jezebel, the wife of king Ahab, had him killed. We read of Asaph's complaint in Psalm 73 and many of us can relate to how he saw things.

We witness through the scriptures people wrongly accused and stoned to death while those who made the charges walk away proud of themselves and seemingly getting away with it. Many people in our country are expressing these frustrations and are wondering "will right ever win out again?" I have very little confidence in humanity's ability to change things, but I do know there is a God in heaven who can and will right every wrong. Many have prayed that God would act and bring down sinful behavior. But it seems as though God is not hearing our requests. Again it is Asaph who brings us back to some understanding. In Psalm 50 the people are reminded of their sinful conduct and God said "These things you have done and I kept silence; you thought I was just like you . . ." Psalm 50:16-23. In the letters to the churches, we find two words that are in all seven letters- "I know . . ." This is a reminder to each of us that God has not taken a leave of absence. He is aware of all the injustices that are taking place in our communities and our nation. We may become frustrated because right never seems to win, but God has promised that a day is coming when that will all change.

How then should we live in light of those promises? First, let us get our focus off of that which is beyond our control or ability to change and begin living for eternity. It could very well be, that God is allowing all of this to take place so that our attention and trust will be in Him and not this land that will be destroyed some day.

Secondly, let us be about God's business and keep it always at the forefront of our efforts. People need Jesus and He has called us to represent Him in our sphere of influence. As we continue to study and meditate on God's word and His grace, we soon will find that what is out of our control will matter less to us. We need to continue praying and keeping our country and leaders before God. That is our responsibility (I Timothy 2:1ff). Who knows what God has in mind for us?

Norm Russell
wordforlife.com/norm.jpg
Posted for Norm by:
-Posted by Mark R. Magill, Website Manager

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.26 seconds
8,890,858 unique visits