Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
Doctor Who?
Mark Magill
In the story "Pride" we just posted, there is more to the story, but I wanted to separate my thoughts from Norm's - even though I agree with him... :-)

Norm went on to tell in his sermon that this person (Boxer) had been treated respectfully prior to that, with military people referring to her as "Yes, "Ma'am" and so on. She had decided she didn't want to be called that, she wanted to be called "senator" - and many basically turned their backs on her (not physically) on her from that point on, and she never regained her previous respect. Sometimes, people let accomplishments go to their head" so to speak, such as someone who newly gets their doctorate insisting all their old friends now call them "DOCTOR/PROFESSOR/-whatever." Sure, they worked hard for it. But there is just no need to "beat people over the head" with it, either.

Most people, given equal opportunity, income, and so on, would love to have gone on to higher education, I often wish I could have. But the finances were just not there, nor was my drive to do so at the time. By the time it did develop a few years later, there was just no way it could be.

So to those of you who do acquire your doctorates, etc later in life, please be kind to us who were your friends before that time, and be sensitive to the many who still suffer the pains of unfulfilled dreams.

Mark R. Magill
Plain Old Person At Large

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.10 seconds
8,891,257 unique visits