Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
Messengers - June 6, 2015
Mark
Messengers
Upon reading the prophecy of Daniel, I could not help but marvel at this man's relationship with God. In chapter one he refuses to be contaminated by the food of Babylon. In chapter two he is given insights to the kings dream and again in chapter four. In chapter six he refuses to surrender his faith in God and give allegiance to the king. He is thrown in the lions den, but was rescued by God.
In chapters seven and eight he receives visions and the interpretation of the visions from an angelic messenger. In chapter nine he prays to God. (If you have never read and meditated on that prayer, take the time to do so. It will be time well spent.)

Gabriel is {then} sent to Daniel and he said, "O, Daniel I have come forth to give you insight and understanding, at the beginning of your supplications the command was issued, and I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed . . ." (9:22, 23) In chapters ten through twelve, Daniel continues to receive visions and interpretations. This is a breath taking Old Testament book. Many have made it their mission to understand the visions and prophecies Daniel is given and probably the best was Jim McGuiggan. But, beyond that, I do not need to know the meaning to appreciate what took place so many centuries ago.

My favorite part was chapter 9:1-23. Daniel is not shy about confessing the sins of his people or that he includes himself in his confession. He knows that what happened to Jerusalem and Samaria were a result of God's people turning away from God and going after idols and forsaking God's law. However, the most fascinating part of chapter nine are the words quoted above "At the beginning of your
supplication the command was issued and I have come . . ." I love those words because it says something about God. We pray and wonder if God heard us. Time goes by without an answer and we wonder if God is so removed from us that He cannot feel our pain.

When Gabriel arrived He responded to Daniel's prayer, but not in the way expected. Instead he told Daniel that the future is going to be a time of upheaval around the world. When you pray, God is listening and in response to your prayers He sends messengers. Those
messengers come in different forms and some may be people who you love greatly. He is not leaving you hanging out somewhere and
ignoring your heart felt supplications. Daniel was favored because His life was wrapped up in God and He would never sell his faith even if it meant losing his life.

Is your life wrapped up in God? Have you turned away from the world and its enticements? Are you aware that God looks on you with favor? When you pray, be open to God's messengers.

Norm Russell.

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.10 seconds
8,891,712 unique visits