Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
God is For You - By Norm Russell 3-27-15
Mark
Posting this one a little late, but it's still great! :-)

The prophet Isaiah was one of God's greatest servants. He was prophesying in the eighth century B.C.
period during the reign of Hezekiah. In Isaiah 40, God speaks of the people who were determined to worship
idols. In verses 18-20, God says "To whom then will you liken God? Or what likeness will you compare with
Him? As for the idol, a craftsman casts it, a goldsmith plates it with gold and a silversmith fashions chains of
silver. He who is too impoverished for such an offering selects a tree that does not rot; he seeks out for himself
a skillful craftsman to prepare an idol that will not totter."

You no doubt see the silliness in what the people are doing. They want a god, but in order to have one
they have to make it. I know this does not make sense to the twenty-first century mind, but I am not so sure we
can exempt ourselves from being silly ourselves.

Ask yourself, what is it that will make you happy? What would it take to convince you that you are a
person of worth? What is it that will bring you peace? We all know that these things do not come from
anything that is in this world. Our battles are not fought with human weapons and our failures are not brought
about by our inability to find solutions.

One of the most comforting and encouraging passages of Scripture is found in Isaiah 40:21-31. Stop
right here and read it for yourself. God says:

.He sits above the circle of the earth.
.He stretches out the heavens like a curtain and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.
.He reduces rulers to nothing.
.He makes the judges of the earth meaningless.
.He leads the stars forth by number. He calls them by name.
.He does not become weary or tired.
.His understanding is inscrutable.
.He gives strength to the weary and tired.
.Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those
that wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles,
they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.

There is nothing that can take the place of God in our lives that is worth having. When you feel beaten
down, distressed, and weary, look up and remember the Holy One of Israel is sitting above the circle of the earth
and He cares about you.

Norm Russell
|
Posted for the author by:
Mark R. Magill
System Administrator

http://www.wordforlife.com
Mark
I think this part is my favorite of all, "Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those that wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary." (Isaiah 40, starting at v.30) Especially as more and more years go by and I'm fare more aware that there are a lot fewer years ahead than there are behind.

I'll turn 60 in a few months (Aug 1) and have suffered a number of old-age problems, as well as some carried along over the years (physical ailments) and I'm getting just plain TIRED of it. I'm not the "vigorous young man" I used to be. So if even --they-- can stumble and fall, there is hope for me if I am one of those who wait for the Lord. Waiting is something I can still do reasonably well. Wink

Time to go back and read that book again.... Smile
|
Posted for the author by:
Mark R. Magill
System Administrator

http://www.wordforlife.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.13 seconds
8,891,630 unique visits