Our Deacons:

-Terry Sacket
-Garrett Sherrill

Worship Schedule: Everyone Welcome

Sunday:
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM.
Worship is also live-streamed.

We have age-level classes for Cradle Roll, Youth, Jr./Sr. high school and Adults. We also offer Jr. Worship service for children up to 5th grade

Sunday Bible Class 9:30 AM Revelation
Ladies Bible Study: Thursday 11:00 AM

Wednesday:
AGAPE 5:30 PM
(Drive-Up Meals & Pantry Available!

View Thread

Print Thread
The Cross by Norm Russell
Cheryl Owens
I do not wish to debate the issue regarding the memorial located in Mingus Park. But I would like to make a couple of observations. First, a cross is not necessarily a religious symbol. When Rome was using it centuries ago, it was an instrument of death. People were executed on a cross. It took on a religious significance much later. But even today, when you travel on a highway and you come upon a cross what do you think about? For me it tells me that someone died at that place, and there is no religious significance placed on it. Arlington National cemetery is lined with crosses marking graves of those honored to be buried there. There is no religious significance placed on them.
Having said that, if one sees a cross and places some religious significance to it, it is their right to do so. Some people wear crosses because their lives have been given to Jesus Christ and the cross is a reminder of what Jesus did for them.
I do no know anything about the person who designed and built the memorial. It does not matter, all that matters is how I view that memorial.

Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.09 seconds
8,897,835 unique visits